Monday, January 05, 2009

I Interupt This Blog

Sorry, I know I promised more wedding photos but I have to interupt the schedule of blogs to make my official post on my extremely exciting and important news!!!! Sorry if this is the way you are finding out but I did try to call and email everyone before I made a post.. since that's how I had to find out about SOMEONE'S engagement on Katy's, woops I mean her blog!! Anyways I'm not bitter and now moving on to the main event!! O yes and the order of the pictures will make more sense after the story which I wrote at the bottom (for those who didn't hear it)

So this is like a few minutes after he asked in the car, after I stopped having a heartattack!
The scenic pictures, while we weren't in the car!
Yup that snow is up to my knees... I am not kneeling


Me "driving" the snowmobile, really just to show that we were snowmobiling when we got engaged! O ya and when we left Strawberry the temperature was below zero!

And I just wanted to take a picture in the snow.... bad idea (snow went everywhere)

And there is the ring! He did a realllly good job, its SO pretty and I LOVE it!


So for those of you who didn't hear the story I guess I should probably put it on this post somewhere. So we went up to Strawberry for some snowmobiling, with Katy and Micah, because Tanner had wanted to take Micah, since his only time going wasn't very successful. So we got up there and had planned on taking the snowmobiles to this little cabin restaurant place, at Daniel's Summit. Its way cute, Tanner and I had been there before, there's a snowmobile trail that goes right to the restaurant. Tanner had wanted to take the "scenic trail" that they have and it overlooks some city at one point and I guess its way pretty up there! Well this was the plan, but on Wednesday he went out for a ride with his cousin and wrecked his sled, the whole right side went into a tree. Tanner was pretty upset about it having been planning all week to propose while we were snowmobiling. Well his cousin offered Tanner his sled for when we went up on Saturday, crisis averted! Well we get up to Strawberry and Tanner was driving his cousins sled around to get it warmed up and ready to go, and it started smoking horribly! Tanner takes a look at the sled and one of the hoses had a whole in it and all the antifreeze had leaked out, so we only had one sled! Well since we couldn't all (Katy, Micah, and us) ride on one sled we loaded up the sleds (which alone took up like 45 min.) and just drove to the restaurant! When we got there Tanner was thinking maybe he would just rent a sled, but we were told it was going to be pretty expensive and they we would have to have it returned in two hours. So after eating we decided to just take turns riding on the sled. When Katy and Micah were on their ride Tanner asked me if I wanted to go with him. It was really late and I thought everyone would just want to be getting home so I told him I can just go some other time when we come up again. Tanner thinking that we wouldn't be going sledding for probably another month decided to improvise (again) and so he went and got the ring out of the back of the car and proposed right there in the car! When he told me what he had planned, I wanted to go on that snowmobile ride, so when Katy and Micah got back, I made sure I had gloves on and we went where we thought Katy and Micah wouldn't see us and we took some pictures and then came back and told them that he had just proposed!!! hehe though they know now the real story! So ya that is the story, hope it made sense, its harder to type it out then just tell someone! So I was totally surprised, had no idea he had even gone ring shopping yet and I thought it was a joke the whole time while he was trying to propose.

13 comments:

ellen said...

Congratulations, Betsy and Tanner!!!

jksfam said...

Congrats! Have fun planning!

Nikki said...

yay!

balmforth.family said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
I am so excited for you both!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, like, you know, ya! ummm, Great!!
I mean I'm really excited. "Uh, ya!"
:)

Jim and Lisa said...

Yippee skippy!!

Sweeney Household said...

Way happy over here!!!!

Congrats from the Sweeneys!

Lisa Michelle said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We can't wait till June!

Aubry said...

Yeah! Congrats again! I'm excited for you to officially be part of the family.

Sherene said...

Congrats! I love the ring!

CMHill said...

Wahoo!

Renee said...

i like your hat. and the pigtails look really cute with it...

Kimberly said...

Congratulations!!!