Saturday, March 29, 2008

TooT TooT!!


A little horn tooting for Tanner T. because i'm pretty proud :)!! So he had a state-wide competition this weekend for all the students in diesel technology! The competition is called Skills USA V.I.C.A. (they're pretty hard core) They do competitions for all things considered trades, comsmotolgy, firefighting, graphic communications, cabinet making, and like 100s more. I went to the awards ceremony with tanner which included awards for all the 1000s of people competing in all the other areas as well. And Tanner Thompson got first in Diesel Equipment Technology!!!(he got third out of all UVSC students, but somehow improved since then) He now goes to nationals in Kansas City, all his teachers that he's had so far in diesel have all gotten first in nationals so they are pretty excited to take Tanner to all the BIG companies around the area to train him! And on top of the cool gold medal he gets he also got like 800 dollars worth of tools and paraphernalia from companies like CAT, wheeler, international, john deere, snap on tools, UTA... pretty much all the places he could go to work... all of the companies were there too! So I guess just from winning this he pretty much has his choice of places to work now... It's pretty exciting! Unforunately I didn't get a picture of him on the podium in his official VICA outfit getting his medal... but his teacher did!

10 comments:

Renee said...

yay tanner!!!

Anonymous said...

better get hold of that picture and post it!
Congratulations, Tanner. I'll make you your own flag to fly until you're a true LaPierre!

CMHill said...

Good job. Mark went to kansas a few weeks ago.

The Tanner Thompsons said...

kansas city is in missouri

Jim and Lisa said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations, Tanner T. That is wonderful!!

Jim and Lisa said...

P.S. There's a Kansas City, MO AND a Kansas City, KS.

CMHill said...

He flew into Kansas City! Then drove to a small town in Kansas about an hour away.

Nikki said...

Congrats Mr. T!

klap said...

I wanna see that outfit and podium you're talking about!

Swoopref said...

Congratulations.

$800.00 in tools... nice