I wanted to post picture of the 4 new CUTE baby chicks...

and 2 ducks that Tanner had just got last week on the blog and I hadn't gotten around to naming them yet b/c i wanted Tanner's nephew to name one, when...

on Wednesday Tanner got a phone call from his mom saying that our barn was on fire... we hurried up to South Jordan to see the damage and to try and do anything we could but this is what it looked like by the time we got up there... the firefighters had already come and put it out.

So we no longer have Thanksgivingdinner and Water, and all of the other animals which adds up to 14 babies all together (his buddy had just barely added 4 "teenage" chickens like the day before). We still have the other half of the barn but it needs to be fixed up before we can put animals in that side.

We found out (after the fact, from the renter) that the neighborhood kids, including the renters', have been sneaking into the barn everyday and we think they probably knocked down one of the heat lamps. :( We're pretty upset about it, Tanner and his buddy had put a lot of time and money into it... but Tanner's neighbor did donate $100 to "Tanner's Farmer Cooperative" she knew how hard they had worked on it and how excited Tanner was about being a farmer! So we're just going to try and fix that side back up again so we can have at least baby ducks again.
2 comments:
I'm sorry, Betsy. I was pretty excited for you guys. I love you!
Sorry about the fire! I hope things work out okay.
Post a Comment