Sunday, June 22, 2008

Finally!

Here's our garden in the back yard. Those big bush looking things are our potatoes... Tanner weeding our corn... they are growing kind of slow, as is everything in the garden... i think the dirt in the back kind of stinks.
There's our radishes in the back and cucumbers in the front.

And guess what we are growing in these pots!!! Yellow eyes!!!! We're excited to see what we can get out of these!!! And these are our sad pathetic peppers... you can't even tell they are there in the picture, not too sure what there deal is... they look like weeds.
And our first harvest of the season! A radish!!!
I'm excited!
Contemplating the radish... (tanner left me alone with the camera again)
If you ever wanted to know what it looks like if you were a radish and i were eating you, there you go and now you know!
And i know you were all concerned in that first picture of me picking the radish and just to clear the air, yes i am wearing shorts and they are modest... here is a photo of my shorts as proof.. and also i was trying to get a picture of the rash-looking stuff and tiny irritated red bumps that are all over my leg... i used that veet razorless shaving stuff and it does a number on your legs (wouldn't recommend using it)
YUM YUM, that radish sure is tasty!!!
(O and i posted some of those pictures because i wanted nicole to know i have mended my ways and resolved to do better by looking up videos online to learn how to curl hair with a straightener!!! mind you, this is at the end of a hot yucky day so its not very curly anymore and i brushed them out a little bit so the curls weren't so tight... but now i can successfully curl kenzy's hair next time, all i need to do is find a time to get up there!!)

5 comments:

Renee said...

oh yeah. i tried the veet. hurts. don't use it.

knew i meant to tell you...

CMHill said...

Hey, your garden looks great. We're excited to have you come up. :) I won't tell the kids until you know for sure, because then I'll hear about it for the next whenever..

Nikki said...

besty!!! so proud of your little garden! What a gal! I'm proud of you for learning to curl hair with a straightener...that is quite an accomplishment! I'm delegating that responsibility to someone else for sarah's wedding!

TXlaps said...

Betsy

gardening?

I'm getting ready for the 2nd coming!

Sherene said...

Wow B, a woman of many talents. I'm impressed with your spread.