Friday, October 15, 2010

Warning: Mostly Pictures of Emmett

Last weekend Laree, Nikki, Renee, and I took a road trip down to go see Katy, Micah, and Littlest Rose! It was such a fun trip, just wish it wasn't over so quick!
This is the sign that was on the garage door for us when we showed up (2 hours late... dang Shipwreck, I've never hated a town or race of people more)
Meeting little Smemmett!
We did a lot of skyping sunday after General Conference. This us skyping Lisa Schil and Jack... who was being the cutest little guy!
Talked to Nikki's kids who were missing her, except Payt... who missed me too!! You wouldn't believe how well Bay stayed in one place with the camera on!
Emmett had really painful gas and was screaming so hard and I discovered that sitting him on the ground and laying him across my leg like this seemed to calm him down... he even fell asleep! He had been crying so hard though that while he was sleeping he would suddenly breath real heavy, still trying to calm down... poor guy!




Aunt Midget Fingers




This boy really enjoys being undressed... the less clothes the better!


"I'm Here!"


This boy has a hairy little back.. his little fluff!


Micah took us to this really famous restaurant El Pinto.. They had pics all over the walls of famous people who had been there (who knew there was a famous place in Albuquerque?)Nicole helped Katy give Emmett his bath, which he seems to enjoy, probably b/c he gets to be naked.
Then it was my birthday and for the first time in years I got to have the traditional donuts for my birthday breakfast, Dunkin Donuts even!!
Then we went to Tinkertown, which I have no pictures of except this. Basically it was a ton,like 1000's of those little toys you would find in your Grandma's attic, put on display. It was really fun though.We went to dinner at Rudy's Barbeque (mom got pics of that). Then I got to do the Katy and Micah tradition of floating a lit birthday cake down the river!!! It was a little terrifying as we had to do it under a bridage in some dark park where I'm sure drug deals went on there regularly, but we made it out alive. The floating of the cake was pretty exciting
until it got caught on a tree and didn't go any further!
Love this shirt, it says "I'm a keeper"


We called this his guido outfit, his track suit zipped down with no shirt underneath.

He had his legs up like a little perched frog...
We did a lot of fun crafts too but really why would I be wasting time taking pictures of those when there is a cute baby to photograph! It was a fun girls week, staying in pajamas a few days and just watching chick flicks and fighting over who got to hold Emmett! It was really sad to have to leave and hopefully we'll get to go back soon!! Thanks Katy and Micah for putting up with us for a week and entertaining us... It was a great week!!

6 comments:

ellen said...

He's so cute! I've been wanting to see photos.

Anonymous said...

...and, Gma for letting you steal my baby time!
:)
so fun to be with you all.

Anonymous said...

You got some awesome shots

Lisa Michelle said...

Wow, you took some really great pics, Betsy! Sweet little Emmett! He has the most perfect little mouth. And I love the "I'm here" shot! :)

klap said...

Yeah for all the pics! We miss you guys a ton :(

Jim and Lisa said...

That picture of his cry makes my heart melt and I love the "I'm here" picture, too. He's a cutie!