Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Sea World
So we started the day at Sea World with the penguins... Sadly I didn't take any other pictures before we got to this point...
Colbyn and the penguins... the best I could get of a picture of someone with a penguin
The two little penguinos
These were puffin things, they were inside a regrigerator of a building and you stood on a moving walkway that took you past their exhibit while getting hypothermia on the way!
Me and Dew and the manatees, they were inside too so you can't really see them in the pictures
I don't know what this was... some sort of shark thing
This exhibit I was DREADING, and it was scary!!!! The shark in the picture below had like a tumor that made his neck area like all weird and twisted and his face permanently looked like he wanted to eat you... and that's what he looked like coming straight at me!!!!!!! I almost cried!
And of course its a tunnel you go through so there are sharks swimming above you too!
Me and the sharks... I needed proof that I actually went in there (you can see the shark tail behind my head)
Me and the boys being scared... well actually just me being scared
And getting their shark imprinted pennies, Colbyn freaks out everytime he sees this picture because he thinks the shark was coming to bite him and he'll scream at himself in the picture to get out of the way!
Tanner and his little buddies... Colbyn ran down the road to Tanner to be with him but when he figured out that Tanner was just going to hold his hand (hence he looks dejected in the picture) he ran back to me because he knows I'm a sucker and would hold him
The sea lions or seals, I don't know which are which. The boys looking at them
Tanner's mom, cousin's kid Urial (Uriel), and Tanner T looking at one of the above mentioned creatures
You could pay 5 bucks and feed them these little fish so that's what the boys are doing... I think Colbyn refused to touch the fish though, I tried to get a picture of the seal creature thing that was just sitting right below Dax with his mouth open but it didn't work out
Tanner admiring the animales... if you weren't fast enough getting the fish out of your hand to the seal (thing)those birds in background would come and snatch the fish right out of your hand
This one I named Ray (Charles) becuase he was swaying back and forth like him


The dolphins, I tried so hard to pet one but they just wouldn't come up to me... stupid animals
We got to see the "Shamu Show." There was much debate over this but Tanner and I were convinced that Shamu was dead and there was no way she was in this show, but some other people in our party were VERY positive that it was her or else they wouldn't still have the show "Shamu". Well when we got home I did some investigating on wikipedia (katy and micah) and found out Shamu had died back in the 70's!! And before that she wasn't even doing shows for the 5 years before her death after she attacked a girl and almost killed her... now Shamu, they say (not in the show of course but on wikipedia), is the name of the show and not one of their whales. So don't be fooled... when they make you do the "Shamu come splash me chant and dance" Shamu is NOT going to come splash you... it will be the "Big Dog" or some other whale NOT named Shamu! but anyways... the show was really cool but short!



After watching the show Tanner and I went home and youtubed videos of whales in captivity attacking trainers and people... what else is there to do after seeing this type of show
So Tanner's aunt got to the stadium waaay before (like i think an hour) the show started and saved us all seats in the "splash zone" meaning you had a great chance of being splashed by the whales... and we did not even get a DROP of water on us... how disappointing!!! It's a sham!

And then you got to touch star fish here
This is Dax taking the starfish out of the water and Tanner's aunt trying to save the starfish!
So that's the extent of my pictures... unfortunately there are no pictures of the water ride that we went on, it just took you on a tube around the park... Tanner's brother and I, I think got the most water soaked out of everyone because we were facing the wrong way on the wrong turn and I left that ride completely and totally drenched!! And there's a few spots where people can pay to squirt you with water gun type things! Dax thought it was the greatest ride ever... one of the first I think he's ever been on! It was a fun day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ray charles? honestly betsy!!
FYI: my friends saw "shamu" last week in San antonio...so either all his posterity (or species in captivity) are named Shamu, or he's got a great travel agent!
Post a Comment